I’m a professional drummer and percussionist with a comprehensive background in both live and recorded performance. Having had more than 20 plus years of musical experience, I am equipped with a superb musical ear, proficient sight-reading ability and outstanding improvisational skills. Along with being an amiable and charismatic person, I am also an extremely versatile and dedicated musician. I have over 10 years of involvement in various bands and ensembles as well as an extensive background in teaching. I am an enthusiastic team player who accepts direction graciously and quickly incorporates feedback into performances.
PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
Teaching Experience . Theater Experience . In Studio Musician . Touring Musician . Performance Musician . Strong Rhythmic and Metric Range . Strong Improvising Ability . Ability to Play any Music Style . Composing and Arranging . Expressive . Organized . Memorization Expert . Attention to Detail . Versed in Piano and Bass . Interpersonal Communication . Easy Going and Professional Attitude.
- Private Percussion Lessons,1992 - Present. Various locations
- Trinity Christian College in Palos Heights Il, 2008 - Present
- Adjunct Faculty teaching private percussion lessons to music majors and non-majors; instruction of percussion ensemble and percussion pedagogy. Lectures on World Music and history of percussion instruments.
- ST. Xavier University Music Department, 2008 Fall Semester
- Adjunct Faculty providing percussion instruction to all students enrolled in Percussion Studio; Percussion Pedagogy; Percussion Ensemble.
WORKSHOP / PRESENTATION EXPERIENCE
- After School Matters, 2014-2015.
- Assistant director of “THE BEAT” program conducted at Steinmetz high school.
- Pulsebeat Music, 2013-2015
- After-school percussion ensemble at Alcott Elementary and performance demonstrations at various public schools throughout Chicago and Suburbs.
- Rhythm Unity Ensemble - International Music Foundation, 2008 - Present. Performance Demonstrations of various percussion instruments and music from around the world for Chicago-area schools.
Extensive experience in Chicago’s Blues scene. Performed with artists such as Linsey Alexander and the LABB; Liz Mandeville and the Blue Points; the late, Chico Banks; Rodney Brown and Hotrod; Ric Hall (guitarist for Buddy Guy), Nellie Tiger Travis, the late, Big Time Sarah, and Little Chikin. Performed at many famous Blues venues including Kingston Mines, Blues, Etc, Blue Chicago, Checkerboard Lounge, Buddy Guy’s as well as the Chicago Blues Festival.
- Sandra Antongiorgi, 2009 - present, World Music, Latin Soul
- Neil and Janet de los EEUU, 2016 - present,
- Congress of Starlings, 2017 - present,
- Grupo Cha Cha, 2011 - , Latin Music
- Jenny Dragon, 2010 - 2015,
- RSVP Orchestra, 2014 - 2016, Corporate Cover Music Band
- Girlband, 2011 - 2016, Festival All Female Cover Band
- Bachelors in Music Performance, Wichita State University, Wichita, KS.
- Masters in Music Performance & Percussion, Wichita State University, Wichita, KS.
- 1998 -1990 John Cushon, drummer for Oleta Adams.
- 1993 - present Michael Spiro, Professor at Indiana University and World renowned percussionist and producer.
- 1994 & 1996 Afrocubanismo Conference in Banff Alberta Canada.
- 1996 Caribbean Music and Dance in Matanzas Cuba, Studied with Cuban master musicians: Enrique Paz (Irakere); Changuito (Los Van Van); Los Muñequitos de Matanzas and Grupo Afrocuba de Matanzas.
- 1998 Humboldt State University Afro-Cuban Workshop, Studied with Regino Jimenez, Amara Pedroso, Michael Spiro and Jesus Alphonso
- 2013 Humboldt State University Afro-Cuban Workshop, Studied with Lazaro Pedroso, Miguel Bernal and Jesus Diaz
- MWAFCA - Midwest Afro-Cuban Association
- 2018 Matanzas, Cuba, Private Bata lesson with Orlandito Alvarez Gonzalez.
PROFESSIONAL AWARDS / ACHIEVEMENT
- Leadership and dedication award from La Banda Hispanica. 2000
- MENC Clinician, Indianapolis, IN 1998
- Jean LeRoy Email: email@example.com Phone: 708-228-4308
- Kalyan Pathak Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 630-667-6479
- Roy Vombrack Email: email@example.com Phone:847-404-0584
- Mark Peters Email: firstname.lastname@example.org